I invite you to participate in the beginning stages of a research project titled: Single, Female, & Alone: Experiences of Surviving & Thriving. I welcome your input about challenges and successes with being over 40, single, and without children. My intention for gathering these experiences is to broaden women’s sense of community and to increase information about strategies and resources for surviving and thriving.

Although my direct interest is about single, childless women age 40 and older, I also want information from women with partners and/or children; all women have useful information, ideas, and strategies for each other.

After I have designed a formal questionnaire, I will conduct follow-up personal interviews with all willing participants. In the design and implementation steps of this research project, all information will be confidential. When requested, participants’ input will be acknowledged.

Although other authors have written similar books, the combination of my Jungian perspective (wholeness and individuation) and use of practical information will offer an additional source of information and support.

Please see the following links; the first two links are my other blogs; the third link is the professional organization to which I belong.


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Affirmation for the Quest for Holiness

I have lived too long
with outdated, unwanted, and unproductive
beliefs about my own intrinsic worth.

In order to become both holy and whole
I vow to relinquish and denounce
any and all
malignant, oppressive, or painful
emotions, ideas, and opinions
I have about myself and others.

In my quest for holiness,
I forgive those who have
intentionally or unintentionally
hurt me
and I forgive myself for any pain I have
intentionally or unintentionally
inflicted on others.

I honor myself
as a priestess and a divine
spiritual being
and as such
I let go and let God.


Boylan, K. M. (2000). The seven sacred rites of menopause. Santa Monica, CA: Santa Monica Press LLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment